Hi babes! I’ve been talking about sharing this post for awhile but I wanted to wait until I was completely finished with all 6 sessions of laser before I shared EVERYTHING you need to know!! This post is a little personal but I had to share with you guys because I realized after talking to a few friends that my issues/reasoning for laser were much more common than I thought & I’m more than happy to give a little TMI if it helps any of you feel more comfortable in your own skin like it did for me! Let’s get started!
I had my laser done at Ciao Med Spa here in Celina, I did my bikini line which includes everything that is visible when you’re wearing a bikini! I chose to do it because I have always struggled with the worst bumps, it didn’t matter if I waxed or shaved or what products I used, it was always so irritated. EMBARRASSING! One day when I was getting a wax at Ciao we were discussing the issue, they suggested laser & I was all for it because I was thinking ahead to right now when we were supposed to be at Coachella. There was no possible way I could have worn a bodysuit/swimsuit even with a sheer coverup and I was seriously dreading outfit shopping, which is so not me!! ? I payed for my 6 sessions upfront & booked my appointment before leaving that day!
I was instructed to shave the morning of the appointment & I was honestly SO nervous! I arrived, did my paperwork & we jumped right into it! The entire session took maybe 10 minutes max. The pain was totally bearable but there were a few rough spots. I was expecting much worse! I immediately noticed improvement in the weeks following my first appointment & by session 3 or 4 I was already so satisfied with the results! My hair was barely growing, the irritation/discoloration were probably 70% better.
Around that time is when I chose to invest in a few cult favorite products that are great to use with all hair removal methods – not just laser!
- PFB Vanish + Chromabright – I actually purchased this before I started laser but didn’t use it consistently until after, I think it significantly helped with my hyperpigmentation/dark spots when used in combination with the laser treatments!
- Fur Oil – I started using this about halfway through my laser treatments like I mentioned above, I did notice a difference when shaving before treatments & my skin was so much softer!
- Fur Ingrown Concentrate – Throughout my treatments & still after I will get the occasional ingrown but NOTHING compared to what it was like before!! I use the Fur Ingrown Concentrate now as sort of a spot treatment!
- The Billie Razor – I always thought a razor was just a razor until I tried the Billie Razor!!! It really does live up to the hype, my skin feels so much better after using it & I don’t absolutely dread shaving anymore like I used to!
- Billie Shave Cream – When I purchased my razor kit I added on the shave cream & it really is the ultimate shave duo!
I believe using these products in addition to my laser treatments made a world of difference for me! I’m not kidding when I say I couldn’t wear a bikini in public before these treatments & now I’m 100% confident and so happy in my own skin! Below I’m answering a few FAQ from Instagram stories!PFB Vanish + Chromabright – I actually purchased this before I started laser but didn’t use it consistently until after, I think it significantly helped with my hyperpigmentation/dark spots when used in combination with the laser treatments!
How many sessions are required? Do you need a touch up? I purchased 6 because that is how my med spa bundled them! 6 was a perfect amount for me & we scheduled about 4-6 weeks in between sessions. I believe a yearly touch up is recommended but not required for everyone!
Did it hurt? This was the question I received the most so I figured I would throw it in here again! It wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, I think it feels like individual little hot needles poking you but it goes by so quickly!
What is the post care like? No excessive heat, hot tubs/saunas/baths for a few days but other than that you can resume to life as normal!
How do you know if you’re a candidate for laser? Your hair has to be dark! The laser can’t detect light/blonde hair. You can consult a laser technician to confirm you meet all the requirements!
How much does it cost? To be completely honest with you guys, I believe it was around $500. You can also pay per treatment which would come out to a little over $80 a session!
I’m highly considering doing laser on my legs/underarms after my experience with the bikini line & I would 1000% recommend laser to anyone that is considering it!